Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Franz Josef Glacier, NZ

We are so glad we got to drive all the way down the Northern and Southern Islands of New Zealand.  So many beautiful things to see.




There were signs to watch for penguins here, but we didn't see any.


Lots of sheep, and lots of cows here!

Dean and Caitlyn checking out the waterfalls on the way up to see the glacier.
 This is as close as they would let us get to the Franz Josef Glacier.


Dean pulled over so I could take a picture of the vegetation along the road side.
 The car got stuck, and Caitlyn and I had to lift up on the front end to get it out of the marsh.  There is a reason you can't see my face in this picture, only my muddy legs from where the spinning wheels threw mud on me!


Dean enjoying one of his freeze dried meals on Haast beach.  Does life get any better?!


 This is the little cabin we rented for the night in Haast, NZ.

2 of 4 posts for the South Island

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Beautiful place! The meals crack me up!