Saturday, July 17, 2010

This week's torture....

Bryce Canyon Half Marathon
7-17-2010
Jeff and Julie's friend Boyd owns this cute little cabin in Hatch. It was about 30 minutes from the start line of the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon. By staying here the night before, we were able to sleep in till 4:30 am! (are you starting to see a pattern, Dean seems to find some reason for us wake up most Saturdays for some kind of torture around 4 am!)


Braden and Dean, right after finishing a great race. Dean got a personal record, and Braden, had an awesome finish, despite a rough start.

Julie, Erika, and Dean all got PR's and Braden had a great race, even with a nagging injury. Julie was also running with a lingering injury.

Back to the cabin, still pretty excited about our race this morning. Yes, that is EJ, in a sweatshirt, in the middle of July, in southern Utah. After a long run like this, I always have trouble getting my body temperature regulated.


As is our tradition, we have to have our picture taken with our race shirts, and finishers medals. Just for the record, these are the ugliest medals we've gotten so far!

6 comments:

Aileen & Ernie said...

Congratulations on the run you Guys. Have you had to add a new room to your house to house all of your medals? Good on you. By the way Dean, 4.00am is definitely sleeping time!!!!!

Young Ohana said...

fuunN!!! I wish I could have done this one with you guys!! Let me know when the next 1/2 marathon is. I think it's time for me to graduate from the 5k. lol

Terese Johnston said...

I would rather have an ugly medal than no medal.... you motivate me, perhaps I can get just one medal by the end of 2011 (that will be the goal, it's written down now)! Nice job EJ!!!

Jessica said...

Congrats on all of your PR's! Looks like you had fun. I need a sweat shirt after long runs too!

mommaquincy said...

So what were your times?!!

Erika Ellis said...

To Momma Quincy: Julie got 1:38, Dean 1:40, Braden 1:41, Erika 2:05.