Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bike ride around Bear Lake

Monday, July 26, 2010
This week's torture was actually my idea: Ride our bikes around Bear Lake.

Sunday night we slept at Caitlyn's apartment in Logan, and then we got up early Monday morning to head over to the lake. We were so busy talking with Caitlyn the night before that I never got a picture of her. I remembered this at 6 a.m. and went into her room where she was sleeping and woke her up and took a picture. Because I love Caitlyn so much, I am not going to post the picture taken that morning. But, yes, she is beautiful when she first wakes up!


Dean and Ej at the beginning of our ride.
Notice the flag in the back ground? No wind at all! The temp was 62 degrees when we started. We started our ride at our friend Odette's cabin. Couldn't talk her into riding with us, instead she stayed at the cabin so she could come rescue us if we called for help.



This is at the power plant on the north shore. Amazing views up there. Dean, with Mud Lake in the background.


We stopped and ate our sandwiches at mile 25, our half way point. I hope you appreciate this picture...After riding my bike 25 miles, I set my camera on timer, and had to run back to the picnic bench and act like it was no big deal. There were people watching me do this, so I had to act tough and like my legs really did know how to run.


For those of you not familiar with Bear Lake, half of it is in Utah, and half in Idaho

The marina with all the sail boats is one of my favorite places on the lake.


We made it. It was an awesome ride. Only had a little head wind the last couple miles. Such a beautiful ride. All 50 miles of it! Thanks Odette for being there just in case!
In this picture, Odette, Maggie, and EJ.

5 comments:

Summer Wilson said...

You guys have a screwed up idea of a good time. Try relaxing or coming to visit us in Cali.

mommaquincy said...

It really does look like fun! Now that I ride my bike 2 miles I'm almost ready!

Jessica said...

Where do you keep your camera while you ride? I see lots of interesting things while out running but never have a camera.
Looks like a lot of fun!

Young Ohana said...

you guys seriously....are AWESOME!!!

This looks like so much fun!!

Erika Ellis said...

I take my little camera with me on the bike rides and hikes. (You can see it in the pictures of the Lone Peak hike) The pics aren't as good as if they were taken with my good camera, but they will do. I also keep the little camera in my purse, so I always have a camera with me, and not just the cell phone camera.