Friday, July 30, 2010

These are a few of their favorite things...

I'm hoping that while I'm here in Maryland, I can get pictures of some of Mike and Amanda's favorite things while living in Virginia and Maryland. So today, we will start on the list.....
Of course, first on the list has to be me staying with them! jk. I promise I won't stay as long this time as I did last time!

Maybe first on the list is Dexter. This little kid is so happy! It's fun to watch him watching Amanda. He lights up when he spots her. So cute to watch.


I flew in last night, getting to Amanda's place around midnight. Mike got off work at 2 a.m., so of course we had to stay up talking until 3 a.m.! (Mike had to be back to work at ll:00 a.m) We did get our exercise in before we went out and about, to make room for all the calories we were about to consume...thank you P90X!
First stop, Potbelly Sandwich Works
Rockville, Maryland
Really, one of the best deli sandwiches I have ever tasted. It's going to be hard to ever go back to Subway. Which brings up another story...which I will spare you, but the gist of it is that I got to fly first class, and it's going to be hard to ever go back to flying coach!


Dex was so cute in the stroller, he was fascinated watching the tree tops go by.


Next stop, The Fractured Prune
Amazing donuts at this place! We got the O.C. Sands donut. It was awesome.


The Lebanese Taverna
Amanda loves this place. She needed to buy a thank you gift for a friend, so bought a gift card here, and told me this place was awesome. If we have enough time during the next week we may come back here, but if not, I at least know where it is.


Rockville Central Square
So many things going on here. There were kids playing in the fountain, some kind of martial arts class going on, lots of people out enjoying the beautiful weather. I loved the atmosphere here.


Last stop, The YogiBerry
So it has a corny name, but it had great yogurt to make up for it. You serve yourself, with about 8 different yogurts to choose from, and tons of toppings, and then at the cash register, they weigh it, and that determines the price. Maybe they should weigh each customer when they come in and on their way out, and determine the price by how much weight you gain while sitting there! Ok, maybe their way of doing it is a little better than my idea.
The Francis Family

Dex is especially happy in this picture because his Grandma Ellis gave him some of her Banana Split yogurt, yum!

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Yum! You and Dex look good together!

Young Ohana said...

how funn!!! They have a yogi berry here and jordan and I lovvee it!! we should all go when you are ALL back in UTAH!! yay!!