Monday, August 7, 2017

Alaska, day 11, 8/7/2017


 Caitlyn is the best!
  She rode her bike to work so my parents and I could use her car all day. 

 On our agenda for the day is taking Caitlyn's tour. 

 First stop, the fish hatchery. 

Next, Glacier Gardens.  Still can't beat the views from up there!



 We had already been to the visitors center for the glacier, which was our next stop on the tour, so we went to watch for bears instead.  We found these three cubs up in a tree, and in the river below them was the momma bear catching a salmon.  


 Best bus driver ever!!!

Caitlyn had to do more tours, so my parents and I went to my favorite place to eat on Douglas Island, the Island Pub!  From there we wandered around Sandy Beach, and read about the Treadwell Gold Mine.

1 comment:

Caitlyn said...

Fun! I love these posts!