Sunday, February 26, 2012

I did it!

I've had this issue....I've never been able to make a decent batch of Chocolate Chip cookies.  Today Dean had meetings all day long, so I decided today was the day, I'd give it a try again.  Dean reminded me that this was a terrible idea.  We were having Caitlyn, Mike and Manda and Dex, and Krista and Charity over for dinner, and whenever I make cookies I'm in a terrible mood.  I read every article on the internet about making the perfect chocolate chip cookie.

 This is one of the happiest moments ever.  Cookies I could actually offer to guests to eat.  (Braden, so sorry you weren't here for this moment, but I wasn't sure if it was going to work, or I would have had you fly home for it!)



 The cookies looked right, but to be honest, eating the cookie dough was even better than eating the cookies!

 I used Janna's recipe, and the Perry's honey.  Kassidy would be proud!

8 comments:

Aileen said...

We use your Mum's recipe and we have not had a failure yet!! You could always send some over you know!!!!

mommaquincy said...

Sucess! You must be a real grandma now!

Summer said...

What an accomplishment. Cookies always make things better, but I guess if you couldn't make them before, that would make things worse.

Ellis Law said...

i still don't believe it... all the pictures look a little too posed.. Or maybe it's just that i didn't get invited

Erika Ellis said...

Ok Braden, they looked better than they tasted...but you know even that is an improvement. The dough was AWESOME! I've decided I need to find a different kind of cookie and master it. If I want great choc chip cookies, I'm calling Grandma Ellis or Janna. It's official, I'm giving up.

Riley said...

Yay for Erika!!!

bethany said...

Way to go! I have the same problem, I could blame it on our blood but we're not blood relatives. Ahhhhh! It gives me hope anyway

mammasweet said...

Now just remember Grandma's cookie jar is always full, or there are frozen bags of cookies just waiting. You have been trained by her to be the best grandma in the world.