Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lovin Pinterest! Halloween dinner

If you are not playing on pinterest, you might want to look into it. (pinterest.com) So many fun ideas!



Usually I don't take pictures of my bathroom, but you have to see the before and after.

So here is the before. Yes, my bathroom has looked like this for the last 10 years.





Here is the after.



Just needed the idea...that's where pinterest come in! This is the picture that was posted on pinterest. We bought the shelves from Ikea, and decorated with stuff we already had.




Amanda got me started on pinterest. We went down to her house last Sunday, and she was trying all these new recipes she had found on that site....So I decided for Sunday dinners, I'm going to try at least one new recipe.


Here is the picture from the post on pinterest.

How cute is that!!!





Caitlyn showed up and we put her to work on "carving" our pumpkins for our cheese burgers.





Here are our cheeseburgers. Ours were even cuter than the ones we copied!






Zombie-Manda, Ash from the Evil Dead movies-Mike, and Elmo-Dexter showed up.





Dex loves pumpkins, so we were hoping this would make him eat something other than a Popsicle. He liked the "pumpkin" cheeseburgers, but still wouldn't eat them. He loved playing with the jello pumpkins, but wouldn't eat them either.

(not my problem, I loved his reaction to all the "pumpkin" food!)




The new recipe for this Sunday was this spinach strawberry salad. Dean candied the pecans and I made the poppy seed salad dressing from scratch. It was sooooo good!






Amanda Andrews and Caitlyn decided to dress up as Ninja turtles to head down for the last "Scary Movie Sunday" at Mike and Amanda's house.

4 comments:

Ambs said...

haha! Mike is the guy from Evil Dead... We love their costumes! Awesome!

Also, love the hamburger idea! Isn't Pinterest THE BEST!!!! :D

Erika Ellis said...

Thanks Amber....you don't happen to know who Manda was supposed to be, do you? I knew Mike was supposed to be someone specific, but I'm more up to date on Elmo (and Miss Piggy and Kermit!) that I am on "Evil Dead". When I hear back from them, I'll correct the blog, thanks!

mommaquincy said...

I find all zombies to be similar. Jonathan plays a Left4dead game, he could help if they are on that one. I found the incongruity of Elmo with the Zombies hilarious! I love the decorating! I already thought you were the best at that and ready to make your own web site!

Banana said...

Sooo Jealous. I might not be able to read your blog anymore. I try to think happy thoughts but it is not working! You are amazing!!!