Sunday, November 6, 2011

Check out our finishers medallions

We headed down to St. George to run the Snow Canyon Half Marathon and 5k. In order to guarantee a spot in the St. George marathon next year, we have to run 2 Washington county races. This is one of our favorite races to run. Dean and my nephew Derek were running the 1/2. I'm in no condition to run right now, but I have to get my races in so I have the option to run St. George next year, so I decided to do the 5k. It was freezing cold! Snow at the start line of the half marathon. We are guessing around 35 degrees.

I had a great run! Now I'm excited to add a few more miles to my runs and see how it goes.

Here comes Deaner!


Great run Dean!

This was Derek's first half marathon, he did awesome!
Julie has not been able to run since the Top of Utah marathon. She was there to cheer us all on at the finish line.

Of course we have to show off our race shirts and bling!


Speaking of bling....I got my YW's medallion today! I won't tell you how long I've been working on it...but one of the projects I chose to work on for my medallion was to run a marathon. I ran that one in 2009.

Ej showing off her new bling!




4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Congrats to Dean, Erika and Derek! All winners!

Banana said...

Sheesh, now I have to get some medals of my own. Why are we soooo competitive?

ellisgomez said...

COOL !! Congrats on the new bling :)

Jessica said...

Congrats on both medals, especially the YW medallion. I should have got mine by now, I've been in YW for nearly 5 years now! Have you been a YW leader since 2009, or just a participant for other reasons? I must have missed something about you being injured, I'm sorry, that's totally the pits!