Saturday, August 7, 2010

Last look at Baltimore

Thursday, Aug. 5th; Amanda got up and took Mike to school, and came back and got Dex and me from the hotel. Our plan was to finish packing up her apartment in Kensington, Maryland, go see the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, and then head to the airport for Dex and Me to fly home. Then Amanda would head back to pick Mike up from school at 5 pm, and then they would start their drive across the country to move back to Utah. Things didn't go as planned. Mike was told that he had to stay until Friday at 5 pm, so they would be leaving 24 hours later then they had planned. Amanda decided that she didn't want to spend our last day in Maryland packing up her apartment. She would just pack up the apartment after she dropped me and Dex. So Amanda gave me an awesome tour of the Inner Harbor in Baltimore.



This freeway exchange was amazing. There are several roads crossing over and under each other in the middle of this bay, including the interstate that we are traveling on.
um....does the lower sign say Utah?
I like the way they spell out here!

Amanda navigating and driving, and doing an awesome job at both!
I was too busy taking pictures and enjoying the tour to help out.

We had to get gelatos while we were in Fell's Point. Amanda insisted that I try Almond and Pistachio. Both were yummy, and the street that it was on was so quaint. Cobblestone streets and really cute shops, and it was located on the waterfront.




Vacation is now over. We have to head to the airport. I was a little nervous to have Dex on a 4 1/2 hour flight. Not sure how I'm going to manage to get my stuff, his stuff, and both of us on the plane. Also not sure how many friends I will have after the flight. The anticipation, I have to admit, was making me a little stressed.

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

What a fun trip! Are they bringing that baby in their car?