Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Dexter has landed!

So continuing on from that last post. . . after we had ice cream in Fell's Point, Amanda took Dexter and me to the Baltimore airport. It was stressful. There was an accident on the freeway leading into the airport, and we were totally stopped on the freeway. When we got into the airport, the lines to drop off baggage we so long there was no way I was going to make my flight. Someone walked by and suggested that I go drop my bags off at the curb-side, it would be a lot faster. They were right. Got baggage dropped off, and then headed for security. Now the scary part. Amanda couldn't go through with me, so I would have to do the rest on my own. She kissed Dex good-bye, and we were on our own. At security, I told the man I was going to need help. He decided to assign himself to us, and walked us all the way through. He was making small talk while hanging out with us, and asked me if this was my first child. (he could tell I was really nervous!) I told him it was my first grandchild, and he was really embarrassed. I was flattered! Super nice guy! He wished Dex a good flight, and once again, we were on our own. We had to go to gate C13. The very farthest away possible. I was filling up the water bottle so I could make bottles on the plane, and I heard "final call for flight to Salt Lake". I was at C1. Good thing I had Amanda's jogging stroller! We ran all the way down to gate C13! We made it! We were the very last people on the plane. Then we sat on the runway for 20 minutes. . . good thing I hurried. Dex was amazing on the flight. He wanted to make friends with everyone that walked past our row, and that he did. I can't even tell you how many people stopped and smiled at Dex, and asked his name. He was the star of the flight! He was great for the whole 4 1/2 hours on the plane. Made the flight go by so much faster having him there to entertain me, and the rest of the passengers!

Dex got this little rash around his mouth, I think from coming to the super dry air after living in such a humid place. It cleared up withing in a day or so.


Grandpa Ellis and Dexter, getting acquainted.

His Aunt Caitlyn thinks he is pretty awesome!

Not sure what to think about grass, but he loves watching the trees when the wind blows.
Dex has a love/hate relationship with Uncle Braden. Either Braden makes him giggle, or scares him to death. Nothing in between!
Braden is trying to teach him to be an Ellis. Still haven't found any books that tell you at what age you are supposed to start them on Dr. Pepper.



This so far has been his favorite toy. It's a ball that Mary (1st cousin once removed) made for him. He loves it when we drop it on his tummy. He thinks that is soooo funny!





Saturday we had a family reunion and 3 wedding receptions. Dex was dressed in his "skinny jeans" and his cool hat. He was in a great mood the whole night. It was so fun to show him off!
Dex and Caitlyn

We have loved having Dex here. Not too excited to have to give him up, but really excited for Mike and Amanda to get here safely!

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Not many grandmas could jog to the gate in time! Dex must have the right one! I love time with grandkids without their parents around! Enjoy!

mammasweet said...

Grandma, What a great idea! He gets there the speedy way and you got to spoil him on you own. Entirely great idea.