Monday, August 10, 2015

Sally

Today is Sally's funeral.

I started playing ball with Sally in 2005.  A bunch of ladies that Sally got together would play every Tuesday and Friday...all year long, year after year.  I met some great friends, and have had some fun experiences because of this volleyball group.


Sally and I have played together on many teams.


We did well in the Utah Summer games.

We earned a spot in the State games in Colorado Springs, CO

We have shared many laughs, and many tears together. She is an amazing person.

Deseret News did an article on Sally and her family.  You can read it HERE.  ( Read it and see how cool she is!)

 I was able to spend a couple hours with Sally and her husband Chris about 12 hours before she died.  We knew her passing was close.  As Chris and I visited, Sally's breaths were strained.  She would quit breathing breathing,  and Chris and I would pause sharing our stories of Sally, and then she would start breathing again.  Sally died in the early morning hours of Aug 7, 2015.

I am a better person because of Sally Mart.
.

These are some of the ladies, and Sione, that have played ball in the Tues/Fri group.  This was taken today at Sally's funeral.

Play SMart

(S Mart = Sally Mart)






No comments: