Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Pfeifferhorn

Dean and I, along with our friend Jay, went on an awesome hike today to the top of the Pfeifferhorn.

Jay took a ton of pictures and is going to send them to us.  I'll post more when we get those. 
 Here I am sitting on the top of the Pfeifferhorn.  
Right above my knee in the background is Lone Peak.



This is a picture from when we hiked Loan Peak 2 years ago, with the arrow pointing to the Pfeifferhorn in the background.  The Pfeifferhorn is about 100 feet higher than Loan Peak.
    Click Here if you would like to see the post about our Lone Peak hike in 2010. 


Here I am with both Red Pine Lake, and the Upper Red Pine Lake in the background.

This is a picture taken from Red Pine Lake looking up at the Pfeifferhorn.

(This is a picture taken from the internet.  Will have to do till I get the pictures from today's hike)

7 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful! With all that rock (granite?) I'm amazed that the trees have anything to take root to. Looking forward to more pictures...

mommaquincy said...

Wow! The picture of the 2 lakes is my favorite! Can't wait for Saturday!

Summer said...

Amazing. I know it sounds corny, but I am often amazed at all the beautiful places Heavenly Father has put on this earth. Where is that, btw?

Erika Ellis said...

I'm so excited for you guys to meet Hanna. Mary, Summer, please come to the shower. thank you. The Pfeifferhorn trail head is up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Sitting up on the top of this peak was amazing. Heavenly Father did a pretty good job with this view!

bethany said...

It looks cool. I want to meet Hanna too. Yesterday Amelia and I were watching a lizard run around outside and I overheard her name him the "uncle dean lizard". I thought it was pretty great.

Manda said...

Uncle Dean lizard? That's awesome. I want to meet the lizard!

mammasweet said...

That looks higher than Angel's Landing at Zion. You two are amazing. When are you going to start to act like grandparents:-)