Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wow! What a weekend

Braden and Hanna arrived at our house at 4:00 a.m. Friday morning.
First thing when they woke up, go get their marriage license!

Yay!  They got it!!! 
Next was on to an appointment with the florist.  They were kind enough to invite me and Hanna's mom, Joan to go with them. Not really my thing, but I was so glad I went!!! That was one of the most interesting experiences I've had in a long time!  I wish I would have brought my camera.....make that my video camera.  We had the funniest 92 year old lady helping us.
Braden and Hanna had dinner appointments, we got to work on addressing wedding invitations.
(kicking myself for all the pictures I didn't take this weekend!)


Saturday morning they had an appointment with the caterer. 
Got the dinner arrangements all worked out. 
 Next up, shower for Hanna.  She was about to meet a bunch of Braden's family and friends. 
 Amanda and Caitlyn put on a really fun shower....and I really don't care for showers, but I really enjoyed this one.
They started out by having a pasta bar.  Several different pastas to chose from, then you got to chose your sauce, and then toppings.  They are so creative!
Manda had a list of really funny questions she asked Braden ahead of time, and then Hanna had to guess his answers.  Things like what cartoon character Braden thought she most looked like, what piece of clothing she hated him wearing, pet peeves, etc.  We got really funny answers from both of them.

 We have some amazing friends.  Cheri (in the stripes) is Hanna's friend, Sheila and Michelle are a couple of Braden's favorite people ever.  It's so fun to have them come and meet Hanna.
In this picture:  Chris, Grandma and Grandpa Ellis, Meg, Hanna and Amanda

 Starting with the lady in the striped shirt, Cheri, Shelia, Cheri Jenson, Kami, Deena, Teri, Hanna's mom, Joan is in the blue shirt.  Right in front of Joan is Laura, Nancy, Jessica, Caitlyn and Dianna.
 On the end of this couch next to Dianna are Naomi and Sierra.
 Caitlyn, with her lovely veil, (another game we played) helping Hanna with the gifts.

 Hanna was just a little surprised to receive baby clothes from Nancy! 

 Michelle Perry and her husband Tyler made this table for Braden and Hanna.  It is gorgeous!
 Really, Michelle is one of the coolest people I know.  I'm so excited for Hanna to get to know the Perrys!

 Next game, for those that wanted to participate, was to make a veil out of toilet paper!  Then we all got to vote on which one we like the best.  We have some serious talent here!

Everyone had a chance to show off their creations!



Somehow I missed getting picture of Caitlyn showing off her creation...Caitlyn, since I'm sure you saved yours, would you mind coming over and doing a photo shoot with your veil?

And the winner is Kami!  How funny is this picture?  She just happened to be lined up perfectly with the reeds in the background to make for pretty serious looking headdress.


  I love this picture! 
Braden with the Hanna(h)s. 
Hannah on the right was the one that arranged for Braden to meet Hanna on the left!

Dean's family brought fun things for Amanda's babies.  Shown here are the quilts that Laura made for the twins.  Thank you so much Ellis family for thinking of Amanda.  This shower she and Caitlyn put on was her last normal day.  From here on out, she needs to take it really easy, and stay down as much as possible.

We think Hanna is great! 
I was really excited to show off Hanna to our friends and family.  I was equally excited to show off our friends and family to Hanna.

Thank you Laura for putting pictures of the shower on your website.  Hanna and Braden went over all the names of all the people at the shower.  It was so fun to hear Braden give a description of each of these people to help Hanna remember them.

I kind of forgot to mention that each evening we stayed up till at last 3 a.m. working on invitations.  Amanda, Mike, Cailtyn, Joan, Hanna, Braden, Dean and I were all sitting around banquet tables in the family room with computers looking up addresses and addressing the envelopes.  I really wish I would have taken a picture of the whole production.  We kind of looked like the people that work the telethons that you see on TV.   Sunday we were going to work on invitations again, and I invited Joan to have dinner with us before we started working on the lists again.  She showed up with this beautiful quilt she had made for me.
 How cool is that?!!!

So sad to see this weekend come to an end.  We are really excited for Braden and Hanna.  I was so impressed with Mike, Manda, and Caitlyn and all the work they did on Hanna's shower, and helping with the invitations, and making the whole weekend a blast!  I felt so much support for and from my family.  I am so blessed!

5 comments:

Summer said...

So sad i couldn't be there, and also to meet the new bride to be. we are so happy for braden. we'll get to meet her in a few weeks. we are coming! We need to give our braden a hug in person.

Erika Ellis said...

Summer!!! We are so excited you are coming! See you in a few

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Your family is the best! Specially that Manda! Hope she can take it easy and this babies wait just long enough. Can't wait to see.l. Er, yes I can. :-)

mammasweet said...

I almost feel like I was there! Thanks for sharing such nice pictures again, Erika. I'm coming to the wedding.

mommaquincy said...

the shower was so fun! Your girls (that includes Hanna of course) rock!!