Sunday, August 5, 2012

Life is good



Got to go fishing again this week.  Makes for a pretty good life....well that and a few other things.



We went up to Whitney Reservoir with my dad, and my nephew Chandler.
Here is Chandler helping my dad get into his fins.
Wish I would have taken video of my dad trying to get to the water in his fins!

Dean helped my Dad get into his float tube, and away he goes.
Dean was a awesome.  He doesn't have any interest in going fishing, but made sure we all had everything we needed for our fishing trip!

Chandler and I took the paddle boat out.  We both caught fish at the same time!
We had a blast in the little boat!

 Perfect day out on the lake


Grandpa tried every lure in his tackle box, and there wasn't anything that the fish weren't taking!  We all caught our limits, and then some.  We got really good at catch and release.  

We fished Wednesday evening, slept at Grandma Ellis' cabin, and then got up Thursday morning and headed out for more fishing! 

Friday, Dean bought another rental house.  Closed on it Friday evening, so Saturday morning he was ready to get to work getting it ready to rent.

Without us asking, Mike, Manda, and Dex showed up to help, and then Caitlyn showed up!
It was so fun having them working along side of us!  It's always a party when those guys are around.
I really like these people.


The house has this cute picket fence around it, and these guys spent hours painting it white.  It looks 100 times better with a coat of paint on it!

 The fence looks awesome guys...thanks so much!

 Meanwhile, Dex and I were inside scrubbing bathrooms.  This kid is not only really cute, but he is a hard worker!  He took his job really seriously...and stuck with it for long time.

 Dex also tried to help with the fence painting.  Kind of had a hard time not touching the wet paint.  Finally we wore him out!




 This is our latest rental property. 

Braden and Hanna were keeping me updated on wedding plans.
We are so excited for them right now!

Today I was especially thankful for my family.
(Yep Hanna, that means you too!)

See, told you I have a pretty good life!


3 comments:

Ellis Law said...

Cool, except that I had to find out from the blog that you guys bought a new house. I kinda feel like a phone call would have been nice

Adam said...

You guys have more big news in a week than we do all year! Congrats to Braden and Hanna, Amanda and the twins, Deaner and the new house, Caitlyn and Erika for being so cool... Side note: We want you guys to come see Lake Shasta with us.

mommaquincy said...

I love watching a fence get painted! Very satisfying work!