Thursday, April 28, 2011

Greenbelt, Scottsdale AZ

Remember in the last post I mentioned that we were supposed to be "tapering" since we are running a half marathon on Saturday morning?  Well for today's taper, we decided to do a 33 mile bike ride from Tempe to Scottsdale and back, along what is called the Greenbelt.  
Here, we are sitting outside the institute at ASU, waiting for Braden to get out of class to join us for our bike ride.

 We started at ASU campus, and headed up the Greenbelt to Scottsdale.  What an amazing ride!
 Dean loved these purple trees, whatever they are.




We are seeing all these amazing sites, and all Dean can think about is finding a McDonalds!  Once we got a McChicken in him, we could go back to seeing the sites.

  There were so many things to take pictures of.  Dean started getting a little annoyed at all my stops to get a picture, so I had to start snapping them without stopping.  I'm quite proud of my newly developed skill of taking pictures on the move!


 I did stop for this picture.  I found it quite funny that the ugliest spot along the path had this sign.  Really?  Ok, these two studs made for a "good viewing area."


Check out both kinds of "cranes" in this pictures.

 For some reason, I'm able to get grease all over my leg, on every bike ride I go on.  Don't ask me how I do it, I think it is just one of my super powers.




 Yep, this was taken while riding my bike, and just pointing the camera over my shoulder.


 Kind of a cool waterfall 



 Loved all the palm trees!


 Finished our bike.  33 miles.  Not sure that was the smartest thing to do 2 days before our race, especially since my legs are sore from yesterday's hike, and Tuesday's run!  So glad we are taking it easy this week, otherwise my legs would be really tired.....oh wait, they are really tired!  Good thing tomorrow we will be traveling back to Utah, that will force us to take the day off!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Nice 'on the move' shots. Better than my 'still' shots. You guys really should vacation with us. We know how to take it easy.....literally doing nothing, but lay on the beach. No exercising!. I still can't believe Braden didn't want to go to school in northern California, so he could live with us again. How dare he!

mommaquincy said...

Beautiful! Sadly its snowing here today! You might just want to stay down there and miss the race!

Aileen said...

Again, beautiful photos. That tree is known as a Jacaranda tree in Australia. Beautiful blooms and there are a few towns in NSW who have a Jacaranda Festival every year and, of course, every street is lined with this magnificent trees.