Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hobble Creek Half Marathon 8-22-09


Braden, Ej, and Dean ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon this morning...."this morning" started at 4 a.m.! We had to pick up Braden from Provo, and be down in Mapleton by 5:30 to catch the buses up the canyon where the race was to begin. The race was late starting, which made it really hot for the last few miles. It was awesome running through the canyon, pleasant temps, and a slight down hill. Then when we came out of the canyon the temps rose considerably and there were a few uphills, which meant we slowed considerably! We all got personal records for a half marathon. I ran this race with no IT band issues, which is a huge relief to me. I had hurt my IT band two weeks ago on a long run, and wasn't sure it had healed. All was good. This means we are all good to run in the St. George marathon in 6 weeks!
BTW.....in this race, flowers for all the women finishers, and you only get a race shirt if you finish the race.
(yes,we all earned shirts)
Sorry to say that's not sweat on my shirt. It was so hot that for the last couple of water-stations, we poured the water on us instead of drinking it...anything to bring the body temp down a little!

3 comments:

Manda said...

Darn. I was so hoping that was sweat. You looked really hard core. Now that I know it's just water, I respect you less.

Good job you running maniacs.

mommaquincy said...

I'm glad to hear that the knee was fine! I'm amazed that you got best times with the heat and the hills! Good luck in St. George!

Jessica said...

Good work! What an IT band? I think heat is worse than hills, it slows me down tremendously! I think hats and water (poured not drank) work best. Good luck on your marathon, that's so exciting. I can't wait to hear about it!!