Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bad News....

A-Team is an "ambassador" like program at Utah State. The students who make A-team, get paid for their time recruiting and orienting the incoming freshman. They take a class, go on retreats, and many more activities. Caitlyn tried out for A-team, which, if I understand it correctly, had an interview process, along with having to submit a resume. She got word a couple months ago she made it, and she was so excited! She went to the retreat up at Bear Lake, and was really excited about the people she was going to get to work with for the next year.

Well, this morning I got a call from Utah State's A-team, telling me that they have not been able to contact Caitlyn, and they had terminated her from A-team effective immediately. I was her emergeny contact person, and so they were hoping that I could get in touch with her. She wasn't answering her cell phone, or responding to their e-mails. Because of confidentiality they couldn't tell me the details, but they said they had verified that she had violated the code of conduct. I was so sad for Caitlyn. I got the name of the person, and an 800 number to have Caitlyn call her back. Now I had to give Caitlyn the bad news. I was sick to my stomach. I sent her a text message to call me. Right after I sent that message, the lady from A-team called back and admitted that she was really Cailtyn's friend Erica! (Erica is on A-team with Caitlyn. She was an SBO with Caitlyn. I should have recognized her voice!!!) I hate April Fools day! I totally swallowed this one hook, line and sinker!

In this photo, Erica (back when I liked her), Amanda, and Caitlyn.

4 comments:

The DiStefano Family said...

Oh funny. I didn't get you but she did. haha. I love April Fools... I switched to private and I thought I had your email address but I don't. Can you send it to me at agt03@live.com? Thanks!!

Mary said...

Never trust an Erica with a "C".

mommaquincy said...

I fell for one yesterday, too. My friend's daughter said she was being evicted and I believed her. Caitlyn breaking a code of conduct? Never!

G'ma J said...

Utah State has a code of conduct? You should have questioned that from the start!

(All you aggie fans, just a joke!)