Saturday, April 4, 2009

Provo City Half Marathon and 5k

This morning we ran in the Provo Half Marathon and 5k. It was freezing cold and snowing when we left our house this morning at 7am. By race time, I think the temp was up to 32 degrees, but with the wind, it didn't feel that warm! Barrak, (Braden's room mate) Braden and Dean all ran the half. Each of their goals was to beat their last times on a half. We still don't have their official times, but it appears that each of them beat their old records. Great runs guys. I wanted to get a personal best on the 5k. I was a little bummed about my time.....okay a lot bummed about my time. I felt like I gave it my best effort, and was really surprised when my time didn't reflect that. I did place 1st in my age bracket, so trying not to be a poor sport, I tried to act like this was a great race. I came home and mapped the route, and it was longer than a 5k! I really did get a good time! I feel so much better, I thought it felt like I had a good run.... I was right! Dean and Braden are at the Priesthood session of General Conference, so I don't have anybody to tell, except this silly blog. Anyway, good job Barrak, Braden, Dean,...and me!


Guess what bib number Braden had! He just wanted to let those people that he passed know what had just zoomed past them!


Just for the record, Braden passed this guy in the white shirt just as they passed his family! Braden looks like he really enjoyed that!



Dean cut 8 minutes off his last half marathon time!

Braden and Barrak have been running together all year. They both had an awesome race. Barrak was the one the did the lovely number on Braden's hair...thanks a lot Barrak.



Notice the fake smile on my face. I have to admit, I was really disappointed with my time....that is until now, now I'm excited! I need to retake this photo!


Greg and Teri were so kind to let us soak in their hot tub after our race, now that's the way to finish a great morning.
This is right before Braden shaved his number off before he went to Priesthood Meeting.

5 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I totally thought Braden was Dean! I never noticed they looked so much alike!

Manda said...

ha ha. Chris's comment cracks me up. Braden with a shaved head starts looking more and more like Dad. :) You guys are all studs.

Jessica said...

Great job! That's cruel they made the race longer than a 5k... glad you did well anyway!! I've been doing a lot of running in the cold, do you like the legging things? Do they help a lot? Braden's hair is hideous! but funny.

Erika Ellis said...

The leggings are great, they keep you warm, and make you run really fast because you don't want to be out in public looking like that any longer than you have to!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.