Saturday, March 23, 2019

Skiing 3/21/2019

I was lucky enough to serve with some awesome ladies in our church.  We no longer serve together, but we refuse to stop meeting together on a regular bases.  This time, we decided we should all ski together.  Great idea!  
 Gretchen, Lacey, and Erika
Deer Valley Ski Resort

It's been over 25 years since I last skied!  For Lacey, it's only been about 12 years since she skied, and Gretchen is a ski instructor, so she goes at least once a week.  Lacey and I were both pretty nervous about if we could remember how to do this!



 We had a blast!  Lacey and I were in a competition as to who could have the most falls.  She bet me in the falls, but I think mine were more dramatic!  
I had quite a few awesome wipe-outs, I'm not even sure which one caused this bruise!

Gretchen tried to flatter us by telling us we should do the "blue diamond" runs.  I think she was trying to kill us.  (there are easy hills, then next is the green diamond, then blue, then black)


 I may have to do this again, maybe not wait  another 30 years!

No comments: