Monday, October 1, 2012

What a weekend!

Sorry, this isn't the weekend you expected....
But I need to write about this, before I forget some of the details.

This is the weekend BEFORE the wedding....
September 21, 2012 I headed up to Bear Lake to do my annual ride around the lake, and stay at my friend Odette's cabin.  I know it was kind of bad timing for me with Braden's wedding one week away, but I felt it was important for me to take this time to go do the ride, which I enjoy doing, and spend some time with my friends from my old neighborhood.  I had planned to ride all the way around the lake and then come home on Sunday.  A series of strange events made for changes in my plans.  Odette, Peggy and I went for a shorter ride and spent a lot of time at the cabin with Odette's mom, Jo.  I decided to stay until Monday.

 It was so fun to just ride, no pressure, plenty of stops, and we could actually use our legs afterwards!  So now at the cabin it's me, Odette and her mom Jo, her brother Shand and his wife.  They were there in case we had a bike brake down and needed to be rescued. We took drives to check out the fall leaves, 
(yes, that's our old cabin's green roof)
took Odettes mom to see the deer in the fields.  There were so many deer out in the fields on Sunday, way more than are usually out there.  The skies were really full of smoke from the fires that were burning in Idaho.  
I rode home with Odette and Jo.  They got home early enough to get their hair done before going to a play at Hale Center theater Monday evening.  Tuesday morning, Jo died.  
I was so grateful that I had spent the extra time with Jo and Odette.  Jo's last hours were so perfect.  The funeral ended up being at exactly the same time as our wedding (more to come).  Odette was kind enough to still come to the reception later that evening anyway.  She told us what a calm feeling she had all day.
We will miss Jo.

I will post more of Braden and Hanna I promise. I let them take the cards with the pictures on them so they could choose which ones they want me to edit for them.

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Wow! What a great way to go!

mammasweet said...

I thought Odette looked familiar. I wasn't sure, so I didn't run up and ask her if her cabin was right next to Harding Haven. Have you sufficiently recovered/rested yourself?