Monday, July 18, 2011

Come run with me!

I had a bad experience on a run, and swore I would stop this silliness. I called one of my running friends, and she reminded me that this could be fun. She was kind enough to let me go on a run with her during the middle of the night. It was great! I decided it was much more fun to run with someone. I always do all of my runs by myself, and I wasn't sure I would be able to talk anyone into running 17 miles, at 5 am with me, so I decided I would take my camera, and whoever reads this will be my running companion for the day.







Here we are at the end of the Rose Canyon Road in Herriman. It's just before 5 am, and we are ready to go....aren't we?







Oh look, the moon is out, it's a lot darker than I thought it would be, but that will keep us cool on our run.











Look how cool. Up ahead there is a set of eyes!










...and more eyes, there are deer all around us! This is awesome, don't ya think?







There are more over there, but still not enough light to get a good picture of them. (Sorry, I'm not willing to bring my big camera on a run yet)












Now we are out of the canyon, that means 3 1/2 miles down, and there is enough light to get some decent pictures.







We are doing great so far, just entering Riverton, that means we already have 5 1/2 miles done...good job us!










This is the hardest part of the run, running past our neighborhood, that means every mile we run now, is away from home, instead of towards it.







This was kind of weird, it looked like a pie tin, full of "cow pie." Gross!













Hey look, that black arrow shows how far we've come so far. We are almost at mile 10 now.







Now we get to take the skywalk over Bangerter Highway. Kind of cool watching the cars go underneath us.







At mile 11, I promised us a treat, here it is...




Yum, a peanut butter sandwich!









See those Canada Geese?


Oh shoot, I forgot I was carrying my camera. By the time I got my camera out and turned on, they were just little specks in the sky, but it was pretty cool when they were flying over me.




This is the first traffic light we've had to stop at. It actually felt good to have to stop and wait. We are now at about mile 12 1/2.







Now we get to start running on the Jordan River trail. That means we have done over 13 miles.







Kind of a cool view of Lone Peak. Hiked that last year. Glad I'm not doing that right now. Makesthis running thing look/feel easy!

























I stepped in this gunk trying to cross under the Bangerter Highway. Gross!







Oh yeah, half of the trail has been washed away.







It's so pretty on this trail! At this point we have run over 15 miles!




Now look how far we've gone, kind of awesome!







Hey, share the road! They couldn't have cared less that I was coming.







There is Dean waiting for me! Once we reach the Yukon, we will have run just over 17 miles! Yay! Next long run is going to be 19 miles. Who's in?

4 comments:

Summer said...

Phew, that was exhausting. Thanks for the workout, from my couch. I'm in for the next run, if this is how I do it. Fun to see what you are seeing during your run.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Erika, that was so much fun! Not as much as East Canyon but close. You guys are ahead on the training. Our next long run is only 13 miles. How many are you doing on Aug. 6th? That is when we are doing Erin's to my house. 17 miles!! You know you want to.

Terese Johnston said...

Dang... why? :)

Jessica said...

You are brave to go in the dark by yourself. My heart stopped when you showed those eyes... just like it does when I see eyes on my runs! Thanks for taking us along on your run, you are amazing!