Monday, December 6, 2010


I was so excited to put out our Christmas decorations and see how Dex responded to them! There were two that I was particularly excited about. "Mickey's Marching Band," and the train that goes around the tree.

Dex loved "Mickey's Marching Band!" Mickey and his friends play Christmas carols on the bells. As soon as he hears the bells start up, Dex heads over to watch them with a great big grin on his face. I was so happy to see Dex shares my love for the bell ringers!



As was expected, Dex also loves the Christmas tree ornaments. He just can't resist those shiny balls. Yes, he knows this is naughty!


About the train....He HATED it! He about crawled out of my arms and over my shoulder trying to get away from it. He would cry and fuss when he was in the same room with it. I decided to take the tree away so the train didn't just appear, but he could see it coming. That made it a little better. Then I put him on the chair so he was a safe distance from it. He still didn't trust it, but would tolerate it.

Each day he gets a little better and better about the train. He's still not thrilled with the train, but not scared to death of it!



Dex wanted to go see the Festival of the trees, so like good grandparents, we took him. He loved looking at the lights, loved the entertainment, and looking at the toy trains from the safety of his own stroller.
(I was able to talk Dean into going to the festival by telling him how much fun it would be for Dex! I love having this kid around. His grandpa will do anything for him!)


Dex loves to try walking. Crawling is ok, but all the cool kids walk. Here is Dex walking behind his toy "Mater." Between crawling, riding on "Mater," and running around in his walker, this kid can get wherever he wants. And "where he wants" is right under your feet, wherever you are.
Be glad there isn't sound with this picture. Dex doesn't have a volume control knob, and he does like to hear his own voice. It is actually really cute, but really loud.


The crawling master.
(for video of his less than smooth crawling, click here)

He totally rules when he is in his walker. Nothing can stop him!




Can I just tell you how much fun we have with this little guy?!

9 comments:

Terese Johnston said...

He is SO stinkin' cute!!! Lucky Grandma!

Francis Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francis Family said...

You are such adorable grandparents! It is so cute to see how much fun you have with Dex and it is very apparent how much you love that guy. I love reading your blog so I can se many, many pictures of my cute nephew. It amazes me that he gets cuter by the day!

Kim

mommaquincy said...

Not a train lover, eh? Too funny! He is adorable! I can't wait for my grandkids to get here and see all my favorite Christmas stuff!!

Mary said...

Oh, how I wish I knew that kid! Erika, you're having too much fun.

ellisgomez said...

I love it! Reminds me of last year with Wes loving all the decorations - especially the lights on the tree :) We put everything up the day after he left at Thanksgiving time.. We need him back soon!

Jessica said...

I love watching you play grandparents, almost as cute as Dex is at playing grandbaby!

Aileen said...

WE love looking at your blogs, takes us back to a couple of visitors we had in Balgownie and then our own grandchildren playing on the beach on Christmas Day. Keep those photos coming. Oh, has he met Santa yet?

mammasweet said...

It looks like he totally rules in and out of his walker. Way to go Grandma and Grandpa.