Thursday, August 17, 2023

Wayne and Dorleen to Michigan 7-9-2023



July 9, 2023
My parents are in Michigan!

We totally did this Ellis style...Amanda picked us up from the airport, we took the twins to a birthday party up by our house, Amanda picked my parents up from the airport, we picked up kids from birthday party, and we all met at our house in Commerce!




Nora got a toy parachute from the birthday party.  Reminded me so much of when I was a kid!  She dropped it off the upstairs deck.  So lame, just like when I was a kid!


 Let the adventure begin!

Monday, July 10

Dan across the street helped us launch our boat.  First time it's been in the lake...its been a busy summer!  We took my parents on a trip around the whole lake.
A hose came lose in the boat so we had to make an emergency beaching and bail out water.  Dean reattached the hose, and we were on our way again.






 It was kind of a get settled day.  In the evening, Jeff and Janine came over to meet my parents.

Tuesday July 11
Janine invited us to watch her work with her horse Helen.  She does dressage.  My mom loves horses, so this was a fun morning for Mom.









When we got home from horse watching, we took a walk to the dog park.  Its a beautiful lot in our subdivision.  There were some people fishing in the downpour!  It actually looked like fun!



We may have worn them out!

Amanda brought the twins over for a sleepover.  Dex was at a summer camp.
Lots of playing in the water, and lots of grandparent time!



Love these kids!

Wednesday, July 12
Nora, Dorleen and I went over to see Janine and her horse Helen again.
It was a fun morning with the horses and the Sandhill Cranes.





















Time to go boating again....its always time to go boating!








GGpa opted to stay home, he is up on the deck relaxing.

 Grandpa Deaner, and Great Grandpa Jenson

We love our neighbors dog Jovie.  She came over to meet the family.
Our favorite place to get frozen custard.  If you come visit us, we will make you go to the Creamy Freeze!
Drove down to Ann Arbor to return the twins, and have a concert from Miles.  (ok, it was just one song)
While at Amanda's house, we had a tornado warning at our house.  Too bad we missed hearing the neighbor sirens going off.  Maybe next time.



Thursday, July 13
Checking out Ann Arbor
Gallop park is one of my favorite places in Ann Arbor.


We took my parents to see Amanda's office.  It's a pretty cool building! 

Friday, July 14

Jeff and Janine invited us to go to the Oakland County Fair.  My parents opted to stay home and relax, so Dean and I went to the fair.
The pig races may have been my most favorite thing at the fair!



We got to watch this artist create this owl.


The dogs performing were very entertaining!




Fun day at the fair!  Now going to go fishing with my dad.




Each night we played cards.  My dad went to get some comfortable pants on, and came out in my moms shorts.  When he realized it, he just decided it was too much effort to change, so enjoy this photo of my dad wearing my mom's shorts!

Saturday, July 15

We spent the day hanging out and doing things at the house.
My dad is tall and could reach a little higher than Dean, so lets get the 84 year old man to stand on the boat trailer, and cut limbs.  Can anyone see there may be a potential for disaster here?!

We have great friends here!  We had a spontaneous gathering in our backyard.  So fun for my parents to see our life and friends in Michigan. 

Jeff apparently looks like someone Emil knows, so Emil wanted proof to show someone.  Watching these to do this photo shoot was hilarious!

Sunday, July 16

Fun day on the lake!
Amanda brought the kids up to Commerce.
Dex learned to ski, Miles rode the yellow thing, and I fished.






Miles had the urge for a photo shoot!






My dad making adjustments to a lure, trying to figure out how to out smart the fish.
(those pink shoes are not my dads)
Dex played for us, I love listening to his music.

Monday, July 17

It was a big deal for my mom to go to Hell, Michigan.


This lady offered to take our photo.  She took a selfie of herself.  Thank you for that!





This is the dam in Hell, Michigan






You can exchange vows in Hell.

Afterwards we headed to Ann Arbor and Grandpa shot baskets with Mike and Dex.
We got home in time to do some fishing!

Blue Gill

Large mouth bass

Perch

...and Catfish!
We caught a variety of fish this evening 

Tuesday, July 18

Mom's turn to fish.  She caught a Crappie.
Mom went from my fishing in the paddle boat, to flagging for the kids on the tube.







It was a great day on the lake!

...and then it was time for goodbyes.

It was so fun having 4 generations spending such fun times together!

We walked over to Scarlets playground, and then the oldies took a nap.

One last sunset cruise, and then my parents fly out in the  morning.

Thanks for coming and seeing our Michigan life.







No comments: