Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Human Race 11-26-09


Thanksgiving morning Jordan and Chenelle, Drew and Kass, Braden and Erika all ran "the Human Race" in Draper. (Dean had to sit this one out, still having problems with his hip) Temp at start line, 28 degrees!



Braden and Erika



Kass and Drew


Braden...what a turkey!


We also saw a couple of extended family members...Ali Ellis and Dan Gibbons


Jordan and Chenelle's goal was to run the whole thing. Good job guys!


Kass and Drew

This is the article and photo that appeared in the Deseret News
"Braden Ellis, of Riverton, sports a turkey costume prior to running the fourth annual Utah Human Race in Draper Thursday as a benefit for the Utah Food Bank and LDS Humanitarian Services. The event started in 2006 with 750 participants and now ranks as one of Utah's largest annual fun runs/walks. In 2008, almost 1,900 participants helped raise nearly $30,000 for the Utah Food Bank and other humanitarian services. For 2009, the goal was to have another record crowd and donations in excess of $50,000."

6 comments:

G'ma J said...

Thanks, I couldn't sleep, so checked your blog out, (almost 2 a.m. here). I think Wayne had some serious concerns about his posterity!

mommaquincy said...

I love that side shot of Braden running in the turkey shoot. That's a lot of family in one race. Too bad the Quincy kids didn't make it. Way to steal the spotlight Braden!

mammasweet said...

You guys have all the fun. We had a good day with Joe and Beth and Amelia and Leah and Jocie and Matt and Dallen and Darren and Avery and Tyler. We all fit around one table this year. We missed you - how can you skip out two weekends in a row?

Jessica said...

Lookin good Braden, way to make it in the paper!! I like Erika's socks and hat too. I wish I had come and run it, maybe next year.
I'm nervous about what Braden might wear to make the news for the Boulder BOLDer...

G'ma J said...

With all of the notoriety that our family is getting, I'm wondering if I should find a way to make the Colombian news! I hate being left out!

Young Ohana said...

Thanks for posting all of these pictures!! I am stealing them for sure! That was such a fun day. Hahaha minus the near catastrophe at the end there (you know what I'm talking about) but looking back even that was kind of fun in its own way haha. Oh and I clicked on your Geack-y Book Club Blog and that book you guys read.. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson is seriously one of my all time favorite books... EVER!! Did you end up finishing it? What did you think?

Wow...sorry for the LONG comment.
see you!