Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dance Pictures

My friend Julie Peterson is one of the smartest and most talented people I know. She called me asking if I would help her with pictures for her daughters Girls Pref dance. The pictures were going to cost about $45 per couple, and she thought that was outrageous. (she was right!) So she decided to make her own background, and set it up in her garage. She dyed a large piece of muslin, and cut a tree out of cardboard, and placed the tree behind the muslin with a light behind the tree...and ta-dah, awesome backdrop for dance pictures! She can go get these printed as 8x10 photos for about $1 per print. When I grow up I want to be just like Julie...even though I have about 10 years on her!





6 comments:

Ashley Bennion said...

That is awesome - Love it!

mommaquincy said...

wow! I would never in a million years think up something like that! They turned out great!

Unknown said...

Talented people attract talented people - your friend has an amazing imagination and a huge talent. Congratulations to her. When I want something special, might send you an email????

G'ma J said...

Personally, I think this is where TWO very smart and talented people met. What fun results! You both should be very proud of yourselves...just proves that you can beat the system! and maybe provide a way for others to beat it too.

Young Ohana said...

wow that is such a good idea!! The pictures turned out great too. I wish someone would have had this idea when I was in High School....

G'ma J said...

I revisited this and decided that we should have had a picture of Julie and Erika with this prop too. ...is it too late?