Monday, February 23, 2009

Mixed Nuts!

So this is the "mixed nuts" volleyball team! Me, Ali, Berta, Tea, Cat, and Tammy. These people are amazing people, on and off the court. I have learned so much from them, and I love playing with them.
Tea's mom passed away 10 days ago while serving a mission in Tonga. This was Tea's first day back playing since the news of her mothers death. I'm so sad for Tea and her family, but I loved the feeling that was present at the gatherings related to the death. I have learned a little more about the Tongan culture, and I'm hoping that when I pass away, Tea will help plan my viewing and funeral, it was awesome.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I hope that you wait a long time before you have a funeral!

Manda said...

Hey you guys look great. What fun friends you have!

bethany said...

Erika, you should seriously try to get as tan as your teammates. I bet you'd be more intimidating.