Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Chimes 2009


Dean and I made a set of the chimes for each of the kids for Christmas. They were a hit! Mike and Amanda would find songs and convert them to songs we could play on the chimes. We all had so much fun with these.



Please notice how serious we all are when playing our chimes....so much pressure!
(sorry this takes a while to buffer, Mike isn't here to tell me how to edit it)


So....kind of a funny story about these chimes.....
Amanda and Mike wanted to take their chimes back to Virginia with them, but they were too heavy for their checked luggage, so they decided it would be worth it to put the chimes in their carry on bags, even though the set was quite heavy....

For some strange reason, the airport security wouldn't let them board the airplane with 8" daggers! (21 of them) Oops, didn't think about that!

Since the airport pointed out that these could be used as weapons. . .



6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Oops! I personally have never thought of chimes and their playing sticks as weapons.

mommaquincy said...

Okay, I just watched the video, it took forever to load. I loved it! My question is why do they only let you have one chime Erika? You guys really put the Ellis Christmas Eve gang to shame!

G'ma J said...

Does the fact that Mike resembles a terrorist profile add to the danger of the daggers!

Shea Petersen said...

you need to tell me how you made them!

Young Ohana said...

I loved this!! I will email you the other chime video today from christmas!! That is crazy about the airport haha Mike Amanda and Wolflaser definitely look like they could do some damage with those things.

mammasweet said...

Better than even Hurricane 16th Ward Primary was last year. I think you could start a band or something.