Wednesday, November 20, 2024

First chemo treatment is done! 11/20/2024


Here we go, first chemotherapy treatment.  8:00 a.m. 

My good friend Melissa is my nurse!  So nice to see a familiar face in a scary world.
Here we are trying out my new port.  Works great so far!

This is also a picture of me and Melisssa!


This is my view from the room I get my treatments.  I get to overlook the Salt Lake Valley.
Dean is here to help with everything, which turned out to be much more than I expected.
I decided to try using ice gloves and slippers, to try to reduce the chance of getting neuropathy.  That means for 4 hours I can't use my hands, or feet.  When I needed to get up to use the restroom, Dean had to take the ice out of the bottom of my ice slippers, and put on my real slippers, and then put it all back together again when I was done.
Also, he kept my ice cup full and fed me crackers throughout the treatment.
Guys, hospital ice, almost makes it worth it....NOT!

We finished up around 2:30 and picked up Cafe Rio on our way home.
I was feeling pretty good with all the drugs they gave me, so Dean and I went for my regular walk.
We found this quilted heart, which was kind of sweet to find on my first scary day of Chemo.



Things were going great, until they weren't.  Almost home and the nausea hit, and stomach issues.  Luckily, the doctor knew we would have these kind of issues and had prepared us to have the meds we needed to treat the symptoms on hand.  We will get better at managing and predicting this, I'm sure.

Rough week, next round we will know what to expect.








 


No comments: