Friday, October 31, 2014

New house view

Aileen, this post is for you.  Thanks for showing interest in our new house!

This is the panoramic view from my back deck.  The view is the reason we move here.  We have a full unobstructed view of the Wasatch Mountains.  Behind our fence is wildlife reserve, so that means nobody can ever build there.  The Jordan River runs through here.   There is also the Jordan River trail, which is a paved trail for biking and walking/running.  It is amazing that there is this little piece of wild right in the middle of the city!

 This is the view from the trail looking up to our neighborhood.


 In the canal behind our house lives this musk rat.  Dex thinks its a beaver....so we left it at that.  We love having the beaver behind our house.  There are a ton of ducks that hang out here too.


 We have hundreds of Canada Geese in the fields.  Every morning around 8 a.m. they all take off, and then they return each evening.  So cool to watch.  I need to do my research on these birds and find out more about their habbits.


 Tons of different kinds of birds to watch

 This was a cool surprise after we moved in.  We knew we had an awesome lot in the evenings when the deer come out, but every morning, we have fog over the river.  A couple of times we have had amazing sunrises, and with the fog, it's so cool!!!

 Many evenings we see the Blue Herring out in the river.  Last night it was perched a fence post, and had the river in the background.  I grabbed my camera and went down to the field to snap a really cool picture, only to have remembered I loaned my card out so didn't have a card in my camera!  It was pretty cool to see anyway!  Hopefully I will get a chance to take that shot again!


 The Canada Geese out in the field


Every evening the deer come out.  We have seen them every single day, but we still watch for them every evening!  They never disappoint!

I'm still waiting to get a picture of the fox that is out behind our house.

I know you asked for pictures of the house, but I had to set the stage first.   I'll get some pictures taken of the finished house and post them soon.

1 comment:

Aileen & Ernie said...

Well Love, you have achieved the impossible - Ernie and I are speechless - they are such great photos and, of course, our imagination is running riot with our minds eyes seeing the animals and birds moving and flying around. They are absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much. I don't think we would move from your back deck. Isn't nature magnificent!!! Very humbling too. oxoxoxoxox