Tuesday, July 15, 2014

And I'm off!

July 15th finally got here, that's the day I start my trip!
Got all packed, drove to Salt Lake, went to lunch with all the grandbabies (and Braden and Hanna and Amanda and Dean)
Caitlyn sent me a message telling me my flight from SLC to Dallas had been delayed, and then she sent another message, it was delayed again.  The second delay would make it impossible for me to make my connecting flight from Dallas to London, which would make me miss my flight from London to Cologne, Germany.
We ran to the airport, to talk to a real person.  They quickly got me on a flight to Phoenix, then to London, and that would be in time for the flight to Germany.  I ran through several airports, but made every flight....with no waiting time in any airport!  The flight over couldn't have been better.  I had my whole row to myself.  Slept on and off the whole way.   Caught a bus to Bonn, where I met up with Caitlyn!  Then we took the U-bohn to Caitlyn's neighborhood.  Long day (or days) of travel, but I'm here, and things are awesome!


2 comments:

Aileen & Ernie said...

Glad you have arrived safely.

mommaquincy said...

Nice! Bon voyage!